Monday, August 06, 2007

Q: Classes?

As I'm more actively pondering courses for the fall, I was wondering about how many credits do people usually take? I probably averaged around 16 as an undergrad, but if they want us to do 36 credits in 4 semesters, that's only about 9 credits (with rotations, or course). What did you take your first semester?

Thanks!


Heiya --

Credits -- I think people usually take anywhere between 2 to 4 classes. The sooner you get 'em over with, then the sooner you can focus on research. Another incoming student asked about courses to take, and I posted her answer on the NeuroEngineering blog, so feel free to check that out, and let me know if you have more questions:
Q: Med School vs. Alternative Track

Classes really depend on what you're interested in. I took the med school track, then med school track + calcium channel signaling, and then three classes (Models of the Neuron, Applied Math for Engineering, and Biostatistics through the School of Public Health), and then two classes (Medical Imaging Systems and Statistical Methods in Imaging). I've finished my credits, so I'll probably just sit in on a few in the fall. Right now, I'm looking at Medical Image Analysis, Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, and an NMR Physics course. If you net me know which classes you're taking, I can direct you to people who've already taken the class, or who might have more suggestions.

To the other NETI people: feel free to write about which classes you've taken, and which ones you'd recommend! :)

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home